segunda-feira, 1 de julho de 2013

love letter

You said you didn’t have a favorite cup of coffee, but that’s okay because I do; any cup of coffee that I get to share with you. First, I would like to apologize for being an asshole to you. There is neither reasoning nor excuse for my actions, nor would I want there to be. I’m just an asshole, and I am sorry. I know without a shadow of a doubt you deserve so much better than that; than me. I don’t know how much good I could ever be to you, but I do know this; I really don’t like to see you with anyone else, and I don’t even know why. I know that when I see you my guard drops and my day brightens. I know that you have more capacity to love and your patience is beyond measurable. I know that you can fall asleep in one place and stay there throughout the night which I think is pretty amazing because I turn circles the planets would be jealous of. I know that if you wanted to be the big spoon I would oblige you for about ten minutes. I know you look beautiful wrapped up in all of your blankets with the orange light or the morning running down your face chasing the sleep from your eyes. I know I might be stronger, but having your arms around me is the strongest sense of comfort. I know that I could listen to you talk about everyone from your old town until it felt like I knew them as well, and I’d still be just as interested in that as the reason you began telling the story I the first place. And I might not know the song you listen to on a rainy day or just how much milk you prefer with your cereal, but I’ll take all the time in the world to figure it out. And you might not have ever written me that symphony, but I’ll sing you every love song until I get the words right. And above all, I do know that I have wasted way more time than I have left with you because I’m an idiot, but I want to spend the rest of what I got with you, so long as you were being honest when you said that loving you daily would not bother you because I was being honest when I said I was going to try to. I love you, and if you’ll have me, then I’m asking; please?

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário